SPICED PUMPKIN SOUP
Recipe from ruled.me
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ¼ medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves roasted garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon freshly minced ginger
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 large bay leaf
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 slices cooked bacon
- 3 tablespoons leftover bacon grease
- Brown butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Once it's dark golden in color, add onions, garlic, and ginger to the pan. Let cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Once onions are translucent, add spices and stir in well. Let this cook for 1-2 minutes, then add pumpkin and chicken broth into the pan. Stir in well.
- Bring to boil, then turn to low and allow to simmer for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, use immersion blender to puree everything smooth.
- Let simmer for an additional 20 minutes. In the mean time, cook 4 slices of bacon.
- Once the soup is done, add heavy cream and bacon grease and mix in well.
- Crumble bacon over the top and optionally add chopped parsley and 2 tbsp. sour cream.