- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups apples, diced (a tart baking apple is best like granny smith)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9 x 13 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, mix together butter, brown sugar & 1 1/2 cup white sugar.
- Add eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, salt & baking powder, mix well.
- Add flour and mix again. Batter will be thick, don't worry!
- Add apples and walnuts (if desired) and mix well. Batter should begin to thin to more brownie like consistency.
- Spread mixture evenly into prepared pan.
- In a small dish, mix 1 Tablespoon sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon. Sprinkle on top of apple mixture.
- Bake for 40 - 45 minutes or until brownie consistency then remove from oven.
- Allow to cool. Once cooled, cut into bars and devour immediately by itself or with a large scoop of ice cream!